In this episode, we are talking with our friends, Jay and Joy Wright, about putting family in the right place in our lives as well as being on guard against the busyness and performance-driven culture of Christianity.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How Jay and Joy Wright have had a profound impact on our family’s life
- Their journey into ministry with all of its dips and turns
- At what point they began re-evaluating their ministry philosophy
- How they were busy doing much but not spending time together as a couple or as a family
- How they were fulfilling the needs of the church at the neglect of their own souls
- How the change in ministry philosophy has impacted their children
- The way they dealt with those who disagreed with their new ministry philosophy
- A counter-cultural observation of ministers and the formula for success
- Their family’s mission statement and how it plays out in day-to-day life
- Some of the lies people are believing in the performance-driven culture
- The difference between “being” versus “doing” in the Christian life
- What the life of prayer is truly about
- Joy’s prayer journal and how she uses it
- Jay’s system for personal worship and prayer (and how it reflects his mission statement)
- Why Jay takes so many pictures
- The need for a personal life mission and a poignant question to consider as a Christian
- Encouragement to live out the gospel with our identity firmly rooted in Christ our Lord
- Prayer for you, our listeners, and for the ministry of Your Intentional Family
Connect with Jay & Joy:
Be Sure To Sign-Up for Our Newsletter:
When you subscribe to the Your Intentional Family newsletter, you’ll receive a weekly digest of the week’s posts, as well as additional encouragement to help you be intentional in your family life. You’ll be the first to know about anything going on behind the scenes and receive exclusive information that we don’t share on the Your Intentional Family blog.
New to Podcasts?
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, commute to work, or wash dishes. We’ve found even our children enjoy having a podcast on in the background as they play.
How to Listen to this Podcast:
1. Listen right here on the blog. You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it here on the blog. You can see it in the “podcast player” at the top of this post. Simply press play to start listening.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. A quick search from your favorite device should show up a reliable source. Apple has a free one in the app store that we actually use. You can even speed up the play time to make listening go a little faster for you.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can also listen and subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes by clicking here. The same goes for your favorite listening device. If you would, please leave a review on iTunes to help our rankings and spread the word for other families to find out about us! We’d really appreciate it!
Have a Question or Topic You Would Like Us to Cover?
Simply send us an email and submit your question.
Be sure to include:
- Your name (first is fine).
- Your blog (if you have one).
- Your question (relating to any aspect of family life)!
We look forward to hearing from you!